The fabulous era of 1950s is associated with rock and roll music, Elvis Presley and polka dotted prom dresses.
Getting nostalgic by wearing retro dresses and shoes and using other retro products has a charm of its own. And the best thing about Fashion Trends is that they make a comeback over time.
THIS SEASON everything old is new again. Vintage and retro style from 1950s through 1980s are HOT.
The Inspiration - Katy Perry
Celebs are donning retro-styled clothes and accessories, putting retro-inspired makeup and doing hair in a retro style. One of the greatest fan of retro chic is Katy Perry. The 24 year singer simply loves retro, her make up, clothes and posture, everything reminds us of old times with a modern twist.
What and how to wear?
- Go for bold, bright blocks of colour, or pick a kitsch print like polka dots, florals or checks.
L-R: Karisma Kapoor, Katie Holmes, Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Aniston
Celebs are showing off floral prints from red carpet (Scarlett) to weddings (Karisma) to causal (Katie).
- Clash your accessories with your outfit.
- Get sweetheart necklines and nipped in waists.
- Early 1950's shoes were often very high, but with rounded or peep toes. Pick smart peep-toe shoes or strappy sandals.
- The more you accentuate your waist the better. Add feminine, floral patterns and designs to finish your look.
- Combine vintage items with modern ones.
Get Dotty - Dots are Hot this Season
Trend Watch - Electric Blue